Every child has the right to quality healthcare regardless of his/her country of origin or socio-economic situation.
Chaîne de l’Espoir Belgium contributes to improving access to quality, specialized healthcare for children from developing countries, supports local hospitals, trains their staff and cares for and operates on ill children.
Who do we help? Children suffering from congenital diseases and defects in areas such as cardiology, orthopaedics, ENT, facial, urology, neurology, etc.
During medical and surgical treatments, the children are cared for by our volunteer medical and paramedical experts and NGO volunteers: doctors, surgeons, resuscitators, nurses, physiotherapists and biotechnicians who specialize in caring for children.
Strengthening children’s access to specialized paediatric healthcare, including:
- Medico-surgical management in our partner countries, as well as in Belgium, when the children cannot be treated in their home countries.
- Advocacy in partner countries, as well as raising awareness in Belgium.
- Research and implementation of solutions for financial access to specialized health care.
Improving the quality of health care for children includes:
- The theoretical and practical training of local multidisciplinary teams in the partner country abroad.
- Strengthening the technical and health environment of partner hospitals.
Curing a child is offering him a future!
The Chaîne de l’Espoir (Chain of Hope) Belgium is a real human chain that operates thanks to the commitment of its diverse and skilled people who use their know-how to benefit sick children.
Board of directors
Members of the Board of directors:
- Professor Jean RUBAY, President
- Professor André Vliers, Honorary President
- Professor Thierry BOVE, Vice-President
- Mr. Jacques LAFFINEUR, Secretary
- Mr. Thierry VAN DEN HOVE, Treasurer
- Mr. Walter TORRES-HERNANDEZ, Director
- Mr. Johan TACK, Director
- Doctor Damien DESMETTE, Director
- Mr. Guido DE WACHTER, Director
- Mr. Philippe MASSET, Director
- Mrs. Nathalie RYSHEUVELS-WIRTZ, Director
The office team consists of 2 full-time and 5 part-time managers, which accounts for 4 FTE’s in total and assisted by regular volunteers who participate actively and responsibly.
Finance : Xavier Poncelet
Children in Belgium and Accountancy : Marianne Dandois
Communication and events : Catherine de Pierpont and Geneviève Janssen
Project Management : Marianne Le Marchand and Augustin Ghislain
The Chain of Hope Belgium is mainly supported by private funds. In december 2013, the NGO received its firts public financing through Wallonie-Bruxelles International. Since 2014, it can also rely on financing through the Belgian cooperation for its action in DRCongo and from Wallonie-Bruxelles International for its projects in DRCongo and in Senegal.
Throughout the year, Chain of Hope Belgium raises money in 2 ways :
– events that benefit the organisation: sport, culture, product sales, activities organized by volunteers,…
– awareness building towards private donors and foundations, companies, schools, associations, …
The association is member of the A.E.R.F. , which offers guarantees in terms of ethical fundraising and financial transparency. The annual accounts are certified by a registered accountant and revised by the audit firm Deloitte.
The financial statements are available at the National Bank and published on ong-livreouvert.be, bonnescauses.be, donorinfo.be and philantropie.be.
It is thanks to the generosity of our donors that we can continue our action.
Chain of Hope Belgium is delivering tax return documents for donations of 40 euros/year and mmore.